Skip to content

Antonio Conte confident on Arsenal than his Own Team for FA Cup

Antonio Conte thinks that Arsenal has better chances than his team of clinching the FA Cup.


The reason why Conte thinks so is that Arsenal has not achieved much this season. In fact, they have underachieved. They have failed to meet the standard that they have set for themselves in the last couple of decades. So, they would be desperate to have some kind of success at last.

The Blues, on the other hand, have absolutely swept the English season with as many as thirty victories in the top flight. The Premiership title is already theirs. So regardless of whatever happens in the Cup final, it will go down as a successful season for them and the players know that. And because of that Conte fears that they may not have as much hunger in them as the Gunners.

However, as per Conte, while addressing his team ahead of the Cup final, he would remind the players that they are only equalised with Arsenal and not ahead of them as far as the head-to-head numbers are concerned because they have played two games against them in the season, have beaten them once and have been beaten by them once and the margin of goals in both the results was almost the same.

Read More →

NEVILLE HAILS CONTE’S USE OF LUIZ

Top pundit Gary Neville has hailed the way Chelsea manager Antonio Conte used David Luiz this season. The former Man United star said it was one of the best managerial decisions of the season.

The player returned to Stamford Bridge in a shocking move last summer on the final transfer day. He had moved to France to play for Paris St Germain but returned to be one of the key players this season. He is amongst the three defenders that Conte plays in his famed 3-4-3 formation.

Read More →

CHELSEA ALMOST SURE TO LIFT PREMIER LEAGUE

Premier League giants Chelsea are almost clear to lift the title after seeing off Bournemouth away on Saturday.


A shocking loss at home to Crystal Palace on the first day of this month had opened up possibilities for late season drama. However, with back to back victories against Manchester City and now Bournemouth, the Blues seemed to have sealed their grip on the title.

Chelsea defeated the Cherries 3-1 to maintain their seven points lead over closest rival Tottenham Hotspur. The entertaining affair was one the Antonio Conte-led side were desperate to see off following a victory for Spurs against Watford.

Diego Costa was denied from booking his name on the scorers’ list as his attempt was converted to an own goal by defender Adam Smith. Within three minutes of the goal, an impressive N’GoloKante slipped through his attackers to send a long pass to an equally impressive Eden Hazard. The Belgium international beat goalkeeper ArturBoructo get the second goal.

Bournemouth had an attempt hit the post but their resilience paid off in the later stages of the first half when Joshua Kings’s effort made it 2-1. After the break, the hosts pushed for an equalizer but Chelsea proved why they are atop the league. Marco Alonso’s 68th minute brilliant free kick put the game beyond Eddie Howe’s men.

Read More →

ZOUMA REVEALS HOW HE GOT THROUGH INJURY

Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma has revealed the philosophy that helped him to through his lengthy period out with injuries.


The 22-year old suffered a knee injury in February 2016 following an extended run of games last season, thereby putting an end to his season and ruling him out of Euro 2016 for France.

However, the French international finally returned to first – team action earlier this year in the FA Cup fourth round tie against Brentford, as he tries to work his way back into the team.

Zouma explains that it was his positive attitude and state of mind that has been key to his recovery and rehabilitation.

“If you are mentally good and stable, your recovery is going to be better and quicker. That’s his philosophy,” he told The Mirror.

He revealed that if you give up and you become sad while thinking about the injury, you are likely going to struggle. He feels he is still very young and can enjoy the life as a professional footballer.

Read More →

Diego Costa’s Commitment and Quality Proved against Hull City, Claims Conte

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte claimed that the impressive return for Diego Costa after 15 days of incredible rumours shows that the team has incredible unity and spirit.


Conte had to fend off numerous questions about Costa after he was left out of the squad against Leicester City. Even though the manager claimed that it was due to a back injury,Costa was pictured having a bust up with the fitness coach and having to train alone as a result of it. The bust up reported to be created by Costa angling for a move to China, where he had reportedly been offered £30 million per year.

As one of the top strikers in the world,Costa makes a difference in any team. This was evident in the in 2-0 win over Hull City. Chelsea were struggling to create clear-cut opportunities in the game against a relegation threatened opponent. However, the blues came up with a goal just before half-time through Costa.

Read More →

CHELSEA ENTER TALKS WITH MOSES

English Premier League giants Chelsea are reportedly in talks with Victor Moses for contract extension.


The impressive form the player is showing, and rising interests in him by oppositions have forced Stamford Bridge to bring talks forward. Even Sky Sports claims Barcelona have made Moses a transfer target.

Chelsea switched formation to 3-4-3 that has seen Moses put up a series of brilliant performances in a new wing-back role. His display has been crucial to the success of the Blues and partly responsible for the brilliant turn-around that has sent them to the top of the league standings. Chelsea have enjoyed a seven-game winning streak that saw them end Tottenham Hotspur’s unbeaten record in the Premier League over the weekend. Moses got the second goal in the 2-1 victory, aside goals against Burnley and Leicester City. His four goals in 14 games have contributed to the hastening of the new deal.

The 26-year old Nigeria international is under contract until 2019 since he signed in 2015, but will likely get an extension that will tie him down till 2021. He was on loan to West Ham after signing the contract in 2015, starting only 16 games before returning to Stamford Bridge. His new role has made him an almost permanent member of Coach Antonio Conte’s side.

Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo – a Nigerian as well – has been impressed with the player’s recent performances, and Sky Sports report that he is key in the new deal Moses would get. Barcelona want Moses as the player’s transition from the winger role means he takes up defensive jobs. The Nou Camp want Moses to take up the right back position as they want replacement or at least competition for Sergi Roberto. Conte wants Moses to remain at Chelsea, and he has advised that he remain focused on the present.

CHELSEA TO SPEND MORE TO GET N’ZONZI

Rich English football club Chelsea would be required to spend more money in transfer deal if they want Steven N’zonzi, according to reports.


The midfielder has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge but his parent club Sevilla are set to offer him a new deal that would see his release clause raised far above the £27 million he is currently priced.

Daily Star report that the Europa League defending champions want the player to remain, but would get as much as possible if he were to exit the side. Club president Jose Castro told Spanish football news outlet, Don Balon:

“I know that N’Zonzi is attracting a lot of interest, and because of that we’re talking about a new contract. It is only a good thing that teams are chasing him, there isn’t anything negative in that. We always want to keep good players in our team, unless there are offers that you can’t turn down.

Read More →

Conte believes in Chelsea revival

Antonio Conte believes that Chelsea can become champions again despite enjoying a bad season last term.


He said that it was the same thing with Juventus when he took over and that he managed to turn the team into a side capable of winning the Serie A. Antonio Conte believes that he will be able to do the same with Chelsea.

He said that it was the same thing with Juventus because they did not manage to win the title for a long time. He said that even the players thought it was impossible to get back on top of the Italian league and that he had to fight to make everyone believe in his project. For him, it is important for the players to believe in themselves and make sure that they give the best in training. He said that there is no shortcut to success and that each player should work hard in training.

Antonio Conte believes that if the team sticks together and that they continue to train together they will be able to improve the team spirit and improve the gameplay. He is adamant that they can become like the Juventus team and dominate the Premier League in the years to come. However, this will not be automatic, and that fans should give them some time to improve and then they will see the result.

Read More →

CHELSEA PREPARE FOR THE NEW SEASON WITH TERRY AS CAPTAIN

English Premier League outfit Chelsea FC are focused on their new campaign with new coach Antonio Conte at the helms of affairs.


The Italian resumed finally this week at the club and was unveiled. The former coach of the Italian national team shocked people present when he said he would retain Captain John Terry whether he plays or not. The 35 year old player was lucky to have gotten another one year deal from the club and is set to continue his leadership role at the club under Conte.

The players returned to training at their Cobham base ahead of the incoming season this week. Terry posted a picture of a section of the players’ present including returning player Victor Moses, who spent last season on loan with West Ham. Some stars were missing from the pictures he posted on his Instagram account but they are all expected back as the pre season plans kicks off.

Conte was expected but he didn’t show up when the camp opened on Monday. He eventually came for his unveiling today and made a lot of statements regarding the plans for the club in the new season.

Read More →

Den Hazard will stay at Chelsea next season

Chelsea manager, GuusHiddink has stated that Eden Hazard will remain at the club next season amidst interest from various European clubs.

The Dutch manager said that Hazard is an important player for the club and that he will be counting on him for next season.

Eden Hazard, who won the PFA Player of the Year award last season has failed to perform at his best level this season and has only managed to score after 29 games this season.


GuusHiddink believes that Hazard is a good player and that he is just a bit out of form. He believes that the player will recover next season and that he will be able to challenge again for the PFA Player of the Year award.

According to Hiddink, his poor form has been caused by a combination of factors especially injuries. He believes that next season the Belgium player will be back and that he will be a valuable player for the team. He said that when he is in form, Hazard is an excellent player and is an asset to any team. He believes that his long-term future is at Chelsea and that he will be there next season.

Read More →